With my soon-to-be sister in-law’s bridal shower being just two weeks away, I am in a frenzy trying to figure out what I’m going to do for decorations. I’ve decided on the colors – white, pale pink, hot pink and gold. Now I need to decide what I’ll be putting up. I’ve got a lot of things I want to do (too many maybe), I just need to get organized. With so many great things out there, it was hard to narrow it down to just a few things to share with you.
1. When I saw this table set up, it was love at first sight. What really got my attention was the use of the over-sized balloons, the tassel embellishments, and all those great colors. Love, I tell you, love. (source: http://thecakeblog.com/2013/02/favorite-things-birthday.html)
2. For the bridal shower I’m throwing, garden party attire is required and hats and gloves are optional. If I could find a hat like this, I’ll definitely be wearing one. (source: http://www.thesweetestoccasion.com/2010/11/a-ladys-tea-bridal-shower/)
3. I’ve been to my fair share of bridal showers, so when I’m throwing one, I always like to find new and unique games. This “How Well” does the groom know the bride is a cute one that I will be re-creating. (source: http://www.thesweetestoccasion.com/2012/06/modern-bridal-shower-ideas/)
4. I love traditional invitations that use non-traditional colors. And this is one that fits the bride’s personality and taste perfectly. (source: http://www.minted.com/product/bridal-shower-invitations/MIN-SFS-BSI/sweetly-florals?ccId=15097)
5. It seems like tiered ombre cakes are all the rage now. I love the different textures on this one. (source: http://www.polkadotbride.com/2012/01/ombre-wedding-cakes/)
6. I’ve been wanting to do a paper pinwheel backdrop for a long time. I love the combination of colors on this one. (source:http://www.minted.com/julep/2013/03/15/minted-weddings-press-brunch/)
7. These bridal shower favors from Martha Stewart living are perfect for a tea party. I really like the presentation too. (source: http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/228683/bridal-shower-tea-party-ideas/@center/272456/bridal-showers)
8. Another great idea for a tea party from Martha Stewart Living – a cookie bar! Nothing goes better with tea than cookies. (source: http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/228683/bridal-shower-tea-party-ideas/@center/272456/bridal-showers#172686)
9. Not only do I love marcarons, but so does the bride! Thinking about using macarons as part of the bridal shower favors. (source: http://www.stylemepretty.com/2011/07/22/french-inspired-shower-by-marilyn-nakazato-photography-a-good-affair-wedding-event-production/)
Do you have any fun ideas to share for a bridal shower tea party?
Check back next month – I’ll be posting pictures of the bridal shower and how all my decorating turns out!